AOAP Meeting Summary: August 13, 2014 — Dearborn, MI
- Currently 27 Oil Voting Companies, 9 Auto Voting Companies make up AOAP.
- AOAP Voting Process is now Final (Annex C). The first item proposed for discussion will be finalization of the GF-6 Needs statement.
- Chrysler A reaction occurring when oxygen attacks petroleum fluids. Oxidation is accelerated by heat, light, metal catalysts, and the presence of water, acids, or solid contaminants. Oxidation leads to increased viscosity and deposit formation. &Deposit test: Final hardware is now available, but is currently limited to the development labs where the focus is discrimination and reproducibility.
- GMOD : Targeting to be ready for precision matrix in Q4 2014.
- IVB: Current development focused on test length and cycle impact on discrimination.
- VH: Focus on calibration changes involving injection timing and coolant effects on fuel dilution. Due to changes in engine design vs. the sequence VG, Ford is investigating different rating locations.
- Chain wear – Ford reports chain discrimination with longer test and plans to re-run an HD CJ-4 candidate oil to investigate discrimination.
- VIE: The surveillance panel reports the test is not ready for precision matrix test pending several issues including investigations of additive carry-over.
- Low-Speed Pre-Ignition. Uncontrolled combustion that takes place in the combustion chamber prior to spark in gasoline direct injection (GDI) engines.: Ford is installing a new transducer installation to address transducer durability issues.
- American Petroleum Institute. The primary oil and natural gas trade association in the United States. API operates a voluntary licensing and certification program that allows engine oil marketers to use the API Engine Oil Quality Marks if their products meet specific requirements. summarized Exit Ballot for Labeling GF-6A vs. GF-6B suggests there is no consensus between oil marketer and auto companies. Discussions will continue at subsequent meetings.
- No official changes to the timeline but it is generally accepted that it may be delayed until later in 2017 contingent on test development and PC-11 timing.
Next AOAP Meeting: The next AOAP meeting is scheduled for September, 2014.