AOAP Meeting Notes: May 12, 2016 Detroit, MI
- First License Date: Group consensus that the April 1, 2018 1st license date is not achievable and a new target date has not been set.
- Proposed GF-6A/GF-6B Specification: International Lubricants Standardization and Approval Committee. A collaboration between the American Automobile Manufacturers Association (AAMA), Chrysler, Ford, GM, and the Japanese Automotive Standards Organization. ILSAC GF- engine oil specifications target fuel economy, emission system protection, and enhanced engine oil robustness. updated the proposed GF-6A and GF-6B specifications to include IIIH, IIIHA, & IIIHB but with the proposed limits expressed as IIIG, IIIGA, IIIGB limits.
- NOACK Task Force: Considering multiple methods — expect to have recommendation by August meeting.
- Test Updates:
- Seq IIIH: Chrysler reported that they plan to manufacture IIIH engines in July.
- Chain Wear: Precision Matrix is almost complete (1 remaining test).
- Low-Speed Pre-Ignition. Uncontrolled combustion that takes place in the combustion chamber prior to spark in gasoline direct injection (GDI) engines.: Precision Matrix is running and expected to complete in June.
- Seq V: There were no projected timing and no resolution as to how to start a Tech Demo without a VG replacement test.
- Seq VG/H: Currently running tests to qualify new fuel batch in the VG to extend test life to 4Q2016. TDTF continues to work on replacement test for GF-6.
- Seq VIE: Precision Matrix complete. Surveillance Panel meet and review analysis of Precision Matrix the week of May 23.
- Seq VII: Will have a new bearing batch available for matrix testing in July.
- Seq IVB: Precision matrix to be complete in August.
- GMOD: Test is active & Stat Report is available on GM TMC site.
- The next AOAP meeting will be at June American Society for Testing and Materials. An organization that develops international standards for industry, including test methods, specifications, and best practices. Many tests that certify a lubricant to a specification are overseen by ASTM. meetings in Bellevue, WA